Thursday, November 13, 2014

Boat Poem

I wrote this poem today. My mother had assigned me to write about what I would do if I had a boat.

If I had a boat, I'd sail far and wide,
Not afraid of the storm, or a great big tide.
First I'd got to the Philippines, crossing the Pacific,
'Cause it's where I was born; it must be terrific!
I would then head to Japan and China, too,
To see a cute panda, wild or in a zoo.
I would sail to the North Pole,
To see polar bears, and not to be cold,
I'd sail south down to Europe and Germany.
I could fit in there then buy some taffy.
When I leave there, I will continue south
To see a hammer-headed bat with a lip mouth.
I would sail west to Rio de Janeiro
To go to the Amazon with so many birds, oh!
I would sail through the Magellan Strait
To see some llamas, just at lleast eight.
Then to go west, all the way to Hawaii,
The most tropical state, and often say, "Ay!"
When I get back home, I 'll use a microscope
To see bacteria? A great big nope!
I would see a TARDIGRADE*!

(I spelled "lleast" with two "l"s on purpose, and I don't know that they really say "Ay!" in Hawaii.)


* See one of my newer posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment